Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Being a father

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member MikMo's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 23rd, 2002
    Posts
    3,344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Being a father

    One of my most rewarding moments of being a father so far. Tonight, I watched my son play his heart out...his Chargers played the Dolphins in BSG's p-nut league. He had some tackles and stopped the running back on 4th and short. But on the last play of the game, the Dolphins QB ran for a TD to break a scoreless tie. I felt bad for my son, but at the same time, I've never been prouder of him. On the way home, he started to cry and I felt even worse for him and I asked him if he'd tried his hardest, he said yes. I told him I know it hurts to lose, but if you try your hardest, you'll always be a winner to me. He then looked at me with that big grin and I knew that my little buddy would be all right.
    [img]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k102/ETWNAPPEL/calgraphic.gif?t=1238543058[/img]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Unchained's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2005
    Location
    Norton, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    7,249
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Being a father

    Been there amigo. That is what life is about.
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
    Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future

  3. #3
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Being a father

    Last night may be 2 of the greatest games ever played in P-nut Football! 27-26 game, and 6-0 game, with like you said a 50 or 60 yard run on yhe last play of the game.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member imported_UKCats1's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 6th, 2004
    Posts
    607
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Being a father

    All four teams played their hearts out. This has been the best year that I can remember in P-nut football in a long time.
    [url="http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2007/scorecard/02/01/sterger.roadtrip/p1_sterger.jpg"]http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2007/scorecard/02/01/sterger.roadtrip/p1_sterger.jpg[/url]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member MikMo's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 23rd, 2002
    Posts
    3,344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Being a father

    Bruno was quick with the call near the end of the Packers-Chiefs game when the ball carrier fumbled...he was right there to call it Packers ball...then the back judge must have had a better view, coming in and reversing the call.
    [img]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k102/ETWNAPPEL/calgraphic.gif?t=1238543058[/img]

  6. #6
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Being a father

    That was a big mistake made by the fans and coaches, also by the announcer. Bruno whistled for the clock to stop and then with one hand pointed towards the Chiefs side of the ball, which in a case of a fumble would`ve meant a recovery by the packers. But he was wearing a finger whistle and the cheifs had called a timout, so while having one hand up to his mouth, he was making a Timout signal with one hand, and it was just a coincidence that the ball came free after he was down.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •